Sunday, April 23, 2006

Thank You For Being A Friend

I want to thank all my lovely friends who came out last night to help me celebrate my 40th birthday. As promised, I got drunk off your ass and everyone had a great time.

As I was talking to all my wonderful cohorts last night, it led me to remember why I love the Lipstick Lounge so much. First, everyone is welcome and accepted. My buddies included gay men, lesbians, straight folks, transgendered people, persons of every race, religion, size, economic class, educational level and political persuasion. And when we walk into the Lip, we're all the same. Just humans, enjoying each others' company.

Second, it feels like home. Despite the crowded bustle, it really is the kind of bar you'd put in your basement if you could, just a place to have all your pals over to chill.

But mostly, the owners and the staff are the greatest. They rearranged their entertainment schedule, reserved tables, and allowed me to have the time of my life, and then took care of me to make sure I got home okay. So to Jonda, Christa, Ronda and Traci, and Crystal, Hopper, Debra, Shell, Roland, Kat, Britt and Julie: thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me the best birthday ever. What a great way to start what promises to be a fantastic decade! As we always say: "I love your ass!"

Peace to you all.

Tom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home