Saturday, July 08, 2006

Scene At The Lip

Lord have mercy, it was a packed Thursday night at the Lipstick Lounge last night.

It was great to have a fun-filled Movie Trivia competition. First-timers "Dudley's World" took home the prize in a come-from-behind finish. We also had a great first-time showing from Brooke and Abby, going by the name "B-Fries." To "The Junebugs," "Nads," "What Winks...," and "8th Grade English"-- you guys all rock, and I'm happy that you come out to play week after week.

After trivia, Debra Christian was in the house with her karaoke magic. The rotation got really long really fast, 'coz it was a packed house. But it never ceases to amaze me how much talent we have... I was fortunate enough to sing two duets, one with Tasha Valentine, and one with Sarah Taylor... both these girls are fantastic professional vocalists, and I am so proud just to get to share our little stage with them and play rock-star for a minute. Want to acknowledge my girl Christy Dennis too, who sings her ass off every time she gets up. Travis Stephens also knocked out an amazing song, as did Chad Trout. My heart was also warmed by the cheese-a-riffic song "Never Been To Me" that my dear Jenny sang.

In addition to the singing, it was Michele's birthday, and Nate's too. I sat with Frederick and Tirzah, and we laughed like fools all night long. Tom (the other, magnificently handsome one) was looped and kept revealing interesting things about himself. Wendy, Christa and Jonda kept slinging drinks, and a good time was had by all.

I will remind everyone that we are open five other nights a week besides Thursday... it was PACKED in there, so y'all explore other nights!

Peace to all of you. See ya soon!

Tom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home