Saturday, June 17, 2006

No Time To Be Shy

You pass a stranger at the Lounge, pushing your way through the crowd, and you look at each other. You make contact without actually meaning to. And for a brief moment there's a kind of recognition. You look at each other and you know something. You see it in each other's eyes. And the next moment the person has turned their head, or is interrupted, and the moment is over. And it's too late to do anything about it. Still you remember it because it was right there and you let it go.

Just think: "What if I had stopped and said something?"

This might happen only a few times in your life, or even just once. James Blunt's song "Beautiful" is kinda like this. Every time I hear it, I think that he should have just reached out and touched the girl, or shouted out his number.

Moments like this are fleeting. You may never get the chance again to acknowledge this other person's existence like that. I've met some of my dearest friends this way.

Now is not the time to be shy.

Peace,

Tom

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Blunt - You're Beautiful

My life is
brilliant.

My life is brilliant
My love is
pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She
smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause
I've got a plan.

You're beautiful.
You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's
true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I
don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be
with you.

Yes, she caught my eye,
As we walked
on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Fucking
high,
And I don't think that I'll see her
again,
But we shared a moment that will last 'till the
end.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in
a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

La la la
la la la la la la

You're beautiful. You're
beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she
thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to
face the truth,
I will never be with you.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home