Sunday, February 19, 2006

Welcome, Human!

Hi everybody! This is Tom. Welcome to the first post on the Lipstick Lounge blog! You can't be there every night of the week (as much as you want to), so I'm going to blog a little to let you know what you missed. I can't promise posts every day, but I will try to keep you updated as best I can.

It was a fun week. First thing you should know is: Tasha's band OWNS Monday nights now. If you haven't heard Miss Valentine do her thing with a live band, you have missed out. Lipstick's Ladies' Night on Mondays is the new must-see TV (TV stands for "Tasha Valentine," btw). Malibu drinks are just $4, and we have $3 well specials when you show your lipstick tube at the bar, so you girls don't be shy. Get out there and let's see what you got!

We had our first "Martini Wednesday" (hey, a $5 martini, sign me up!) this week, and the girls from the cast of the Vagina Monologues from Vanderbilt University's production of the Eve Ensler show all turned out to have their wrap party. They conquered the front VIP booth and were a party-hearty group of crazy loud dancing fools. I loved that about them, and I hope they'll be back to see us soon.

Hats off to the girls from the Junebugs (calling themselves "Ebony and Ivories") for kicking movie trivia ass the first time they played on Thursday. They only missed one question all night. Joy, Callie and Jenny-- y'all rock. Also, I want to give a shout-out to Erica, Andrea and company for beating up on some music trivia last Tuesday. The "Lipstick Lovelies" won a hard-fought victory with some tough questions! So, make sure YOU come in on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 PM, and bring some friends with you. Trivia questions run the gamut from simple to "wicked hard." I dish 'em out, if y'all can take it.

It was a karaoke party for our KJ, Jason, the "King of Everything." He turned {NUMBER DELETED UPON THREAT OF DEATH} on Saturday, but we threw down for him Thursday. He looked great, rocking a pimp hat (and I do mean a "pimp" hat, à la Huggy Bear, a purple velvet jobbie with feathers cascading down the back). He sang a number of songs, tearing up "Darling Nikki" by Prince as only he can. Miss Debra Christian hosted, and she's got a new hairdo. She was on FIRE, damn that girl is some kinda good-lookin'.

I got really excited too, because "Sometimes Ronda" came through with plans for my birthday celebration. It'll be karaoke (natch) on April 22, the day I turn... okay... I can believe it, but can you?.... FORTY. We'll also be celebrating the birthday of the still-way-under-30 Destilicious, so get ready to party down. Mark your calendars, and please, someone bring a camera, 'coz I won't remember a damn thing.

Bettye Jo got her card back. She also got her groove back. More on this later.

DJ Shell was spinnin' her magic, and we got a return visit from Angel and Star, the tag-team of hot Nubian beauty that we like to call "Sexual Chocolate." They inspired some serious grinding on the stage. Tongues were hanging out. People were staring. All manner of delightfully sinful fantasies crossed peoples' minds. Okay, I'm speaking for me, but I'm sure others felt it too!

Christa and Jonda got back from their one-day vacation to Tunica. Rumor has it they cleaned up. Jonda is, after all, the fuckin' mop girl, and nobody cleans up like she does!

Karaoke highlights: Crystal, our singing bartender, has added "Good Morning Baltimore" from the Hairspray score to her repertoire, and it was MEANT for her. She nails it every time, and it's perfect for her voice. She definitely has the new crowd-pleasing showtune. Rue (or is it "Roo?") came out and shared her gifts with us, and that was a treat. That girl can belt out a tune like nobody's business. The way-too-cute duo of Matt and Greg turned out a little N'Sync. I didn't so much expect that! As for me, my voice was shot (damn allergies), so I stuck to fun stuff like "Da Butt." And we all know how much y'all like da butt (don't lie).

I made some new friends: Peter and Taylor (back home from Miami)... Roger (Jamie's "brother," not too sure about that one)... Andrea in the cool hat (who's just discovering the Lipstick after a long residency in East Nashville) and the girls from the Hendersonville Medical Center (thanks for bringing your crowd in, James). We had a lot of fun.

Tonight, it'll be Fowler, Mosher, Tackett & Stamps. Not a law firm, I swear. Girls with guitars. Go give Cathey Stamps some love!

Now, y'all come back next week so I don't have to tell it all! And remember.... if you don't have a good time, it's your own damn fault!

Bye for now!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home